“Do not let Unusual Vaginal bleeding hold you back”
Experiencing vaginal bleeding can be a concerning and emotional experience for many women. It can be frightening, especially if the bleeding is unexpected, heavy, or accompanied by other symptoms.
While regular menstrual bleeding can also be a cause of discomfort among women, unusual vaginal bleeding is a way more concerning symptom that can have potentially dangerous causes that can range from hormonal imbalances to infections, polyps, or even cancer. It’s therefore important to remember that seeking medical attention from the best Women And Children Hospital in Kukatpally is essential to get an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
At Giggles Hospital, we understand that vaginal bleeding can be a difficult and sensitive topic to discuss. We’re here to provide gentle care and support for women who are experiencing this symptom and help them find relief and peace of mind.
Vaginal bleeding refers to any bleeding that comes from your vaginal area. This can include regular menstrual bleeding or other unusual forms of bleeding. While regular menstruation is part of a regular cycle in a woman, unusual vaginal bleeding can be a cause of concern.
Vgainal bleeding other than menstruation can have several causes. Some of these causes include:
- Cancer: Bleeding can be a sign of cancerous as well as precancerous conditions related to the female reproductive system including Cervical cancer, Endometrial cancer (uterine cancer), Endometrial hyperplasia, Ovarian cancer, Vaginal cancer, etc.
- Endocrine system factors: These include thyroid-related issues, PCOS, birth control pills, withdrawal bleeding, etc.
- Pregnancy-related bleeding: This can be caused by Ectopic pregnancy, Miscarriage, etc.
- Infections & medical conditions: Different infections and diseases can also cause vaginal bleeding. These include Cervicitis, Gonorrhea, Herpes, Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Vaginitis, celiac disease, kidney disease, liver disease, blood clotting disorder, etc.
- Medical devices or objects: Tampons that have been left inside for too long, Intrauterine devices (IUD), etc.
- Noncancerous growths and other uterine conditions: These include polyps, fibroids, adenomyosis, etc.
- Trauma: Injuries due to sexual abuse, surgeries, blunt trauma or penetrating injuries can also cause the vagina to bleed.
So if you are bleeding but are not on your period, you must seek medical care right away to rule out any dangerous causes.
Diagnosing Vaginal Bleeding at Giggles Hospital
Since vaginal bleeding can have numerous causes, diagnosing the condition may be a lengthy yet thorough process. We do our best to perform a complete physical checkup and medical history evaluation and then order any required tests to accurately find the cause of the bleeding. These tests may include the following:
- Blood test
- Endometrial biopsy
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Pap Smear
- Pregnancy test.
- Thyroid functioning tests.
- Urine test
Based on individual conditions, doctors at Women Hospital in Vizag may run any suitable test to diagnose the condition as well as rule out any other causes.
Treatment for Vaginal Bleeding at Giggles Hospital, Best Gynecology Hospital in Hyderabad
Treating abnormal vaginal bleeding would depend on the cause of the condition. Various treatment approaches will be used that may include:
- Medications: Different types of hormonal pills, antibiotics, or even IUDs may be used.
- Surgical interventions: Surgical methods like Endometrial ablation, Dilation and curettage (D&C), Uterine artery embolization, Myomectomy, Hysterectomy, or surgical removal of non-cancerous growths are possible treatment options.
Giggles Hospital provides all the treatment facilities under one roof, supervised by expert medical professionals and a compassionate and well-trained nursing staff.