“Providing the best start in life for your little one: Newborn care from day one.”
At Giggles Hospital, we resonate with your joy of bringing a newborn onto this planet. Many things can be confusing at this stage when it comes to what to do and what not to do. There is plenty of information available, and this is bound to confuse us. Our experienced department of gynecologists will guide you at each and every step to help you take care of your pink-cheeked cherub!
How to prepare for taking care of your newborn?
Although getting ready for a new baby can feel overwhelming, taking the time to organize and plan can ease the transition to parenthood. The following advice will assist you in preparing for newborn care:
- Educate yourself: Become knowledgeable about newborn care by reading books, conducting online research, and enrolling in new parent classes.
- Stock up on necessities: Ensure that you have all of your baby’s necessities on hand, including diapers, wipes, clothing, bottles, and formula (if required).
- Baby-proofing- Get ready by baby-proofing your home by taking out any potential hazards, tying down any exposed wires and cords, and making sure it’s smoke-free.
- Create a support network: Ask friends and family for assistance, especially in the initial weeks following the birth of your child.
- Look after yourself: Self-care activities like getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and being active should be given priority.
- Establish a routine: Establishing a schedule for diapering, feeding, and sleeping can provide you and your baby with a sense of security and stability
- Recognize your baby’s cues: Pay attention to your baby’s crying, eating patterns, and sleeping patterns.
There is no one “right” approach to care for a newborn because every infant is unique. Don’t be embarrassed to ask for assistance when you need it, and trust your intuition.
Medical care for a newborn at Neonatology Hospital in Kukatpally
A newborn must receive medical attention to ensure that they are healthy and developing normally. The following are some essential components of infant medical care:
- Neonatal screening by Paediatric doctors
- Vaccinations, including hepatitis B, polio, and whooping cough
- Monitoring of growth and development
- Nutrition: Breast milk or infant formula
- Jaundice testing and treatment
- Typical newborn conditions like diaper rash, colic, reflux, and ear infections
What are the tests and screenings done on a newborn baby?
In order to make sure that newborns are healthy and developing correctly, they are frequently checked for a number of problems. Here are some typical examinations and screenings done on newborns:
- Apgar score
- Blood tests for a number of illnesses, including sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, and metabolic abnormalities such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and hypothyroidism
- Hearing test
- test for jaundice
- Physical examination
Why choose Giggles?
We at Giggles Hospitals, known for Best hospital for Normal delivery have a carefully curated team to take care of the newborn baby. We understand that newborns are very sensitive and require the utmost levels of care, and as parents, one may be confused and anxious as to what needs to be done. Our well-experienced team will be there at every step to take care of and guide you, including all the medical tests, immunizations, medications, and general checkups for the same. You can rely on us to be there for you and your baby.
For more information and assistance, you can make an appointment with us at a convenient date.