“Say goodbye to pesky parasites, restore your home to its rightful owner: You!”
Parasites infiltrate hosts, triggering a survival battle. These hidden invaders, cunning and microscopic, wreak havoc in a world abundant with organisms, exploiting unsuspecting victims.
Parasite infections are a significant public health concern in India, particularly in children. That is why doctors at Giggles Hospitals known for Best Pediatric Hospital in Vizag do their best to screen children for parasite infestations and provide the most suitable treatment facilities for these young patients.
Parasites are naughty creatures that live off other organisms. These organisms need other creatures for their survival. They are very common in tropical and subtropical climates like that of India. They can cause a host of diseases and symptoms like diarrhoea, vomiting and malnutrition.
Parasite infestations can cause a wide range of symptoms in patients. Symptoms usually depend on the kind of parasite that has caused the infestations. Symptoms of some of the most common parasite infestations include the following:
- Gastrointestinal Issues: Persistent diarrhoea, abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, gas, and frequent or urgent bowel movements.
- Changes in Stool: The presence of blood, mucus, or worms in the stool
- Weight Loss
- Fatigue and Weakness
- Anaemia: Anaemia that may lead to fatigue, weakness, pale skin, and shortness of breath.
- Skin Issues: Itching, rash, hives, or skin irritations
- Allergies: Itching, swelling, sneezing, or wheezing.
- Sleep Disturbances: Sleeping sickness, disrupted sleep patterns, insomnia.
- Joint and Muscle Pain: Joint pain, muscle aches, or inflammation.
- Neurological Symptoms: Seizures, confusion, coordination difficulties, and sensory disturbances.
Parasitic infections can be caused by various types of parasites, including protozoa, helminths (worms), and ectoparasites (such as ticks and lice). There are several ways through which parasites may enter our bodies. Some of the most common causes of parasite infestations include the following:
- Contaminated food and water
- Poor hygiene practices
- Close contact with infected individuals or animals
- Vector-Borne transmission
- Soil contamination
- Travel to endemic regions
- Occupational exposure
- Congenital transmission
Most parasite infestations can be avoided by practising good hygiene and consuming clean food and water.
Diagnosing Parasite Infestations at Giggles Hospital
There are several ways to diagnose parasite infestations. Our Paediatric doctors will first evaluate the patient’s symptoms and run some tests depending on what they suspect the cause of the issue could be. Here is a list of common tests that you may expect if you have a parasite infestation.
- Stool Examination
- Blood Tests
- Serological Tests
- Imaging Tests: X-ray, or computed tomography (CT) scans, ultrasound etc.
Not every patient will need to go through all the above-mentioned tests. In addition to this, additional tests may be ordered depending on individual cases.
Treatment for Parasite Infestations at Giggles Hospital
Parasite infestations can be successfully treated using medications. The doctors may use a combination of the following medications to treat the infestation:
Doctors may use additional medications or treatments to relieve the symptoms caused by the parasites.
At Giggles Hospitals, our team of expert doctors will determine the most appropriate treatment approach based on the individual’s specific condition, medical history, and other factors.
Why Choose Giggles Hospitals?
Seeking help for parasite infestation? Turn to Giggles Hospital for Children specialist hospital near me.Our skilled medical experts specialise in treating parasitic infections, offering personalised solutions for you or your loved ones. Experience effective care and comprehensive treatment tailored to your unique needs.