Painless Delivery/Epidural Analgesia
Less Pain, More Joy: Painless Delivery for a Happy Birth
Childbirth is a magnificent thing. Women look forward to holding their babies in their arms. However, it takes intense labour pains and a challenging process to hold the love of your life in your arms. Fortunately, with advancements in medical science, women can now get pain relief in this overwhelming process.
We at Giggles Hospital understand the value of a joyful birthing experience. Therefore we are more than willing to go that extra mile for our patients. We will be there for you every step of the way, guiding you, supporting you, and ensuring you have safe and painless delivery.
What is Painless Delivery?
Painless delivery or painless childbirth is a technique aimed at providing pain relief to women during vaginal delivery. For this technique, women are given drugs that help numb the pain but maintain the ability of a woman to push the baby through the birth canal.
Epidural Analgesia is a common method used for painless delivery. Epidural analgesia refers to the technique used for pain management during labour. It provides a high degree of pain relief while helping the mother to remain alert and awake during the birth process at Best Delivery Hospital in Kukatpally. This technique involves administering a precise dosage of medication to the mother via a needle and catheter in the lower back. After the needle is removed, the catheter remains in place, allowing for the delivery of the medication through the tube as required.
Advantages of Epidural Analgesia
Epidural Analgesia has several benefits for women that can help ease vaginal childbirth and even reduce the risk of post-delivery complications. Some major advantages include the following:
- Significant pain management: The main advantage of an epidural is having major pain relief during vaginal delivery
- Helpful for longer labour hours: Epidurals are especially beneficial for women who undergo labour for several hours.
- Reduces stress and fatigue: Getting an epidural reduces the secretion of stress hormones, decreasing stress and fatigue.
- Aids in delivery: Epidural relaxes the muscles in the birth canal and helps the baby descend easily.
- Reduces the risk of postpartum complications: By relaxing the mother, an epidural can reduce the risk of several complications like elevated blood pressure during and after delivery.
- Beneficial for women with cardiac issues: Women with a history of cardiac complications or those experiencing heart problems may not be able to take childbirth pain without serious complications, and therefore epidural is a great option for them.
Planning for Delivery with Epidural Analgesia at Giggles Hospital, Best Children Hospital in Kukatpally
If you are thinking of getting an epidural for your birth, here are a few steps you can take to ease the process for yourself:
- Get all the required information: It is important to read up on the epidural as much as you can to understand how it would affect you.
- Discuss with your healthcare provider: Discuss what you have learned with your doctors and get all your queries answered. Our doctors at Best Pediatric Hospitals In Vizag will be happy to answer any concerns you may have.
- Talk to someone who has gotten an epidural: Talking to a friend who has received an epidural may allow you to get to understand a real-life example of how an epidural helped someone.
- Decide on a date: Once you are sure about getting an epidural, you can set up a suitable date with the hospital.
- Prepare for possible side effects: Although epidurals are usually considered safe, they may cause some side effects that you must be prepared for. These include itchy skin, lower blood pressure, headache, slow breathing, loss of bladder control, etc.