Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
!! Follow Our Lead & Enjoy the Gift of Parenting !!
ICSI, which is expanded as the Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, is the process of inserting one live sperm straight into the matured female egg. The procedure was intended to assist couples who are severely infertile due to the male factor or couples who have previously failed an In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) effort to conceive in becoming pregnant.
Who needs the ICSI?
ICSI is particularly beneficial for men who are struggling with infertility. Your doctor could advise ICSI if you have any of the following conditions:
- Not being able to ejaculate.
- Obstruction of the male reproductive system.
- Semen enters their bladder in the reverse direction.
- Poor sperm quality or low sperm count.
- Embryo formation has not occurred with conventional IVF.
- To try to get pregnant, you’re utilising frozen sperm or eggs.
Benefits & Risks
ICSI seems to be more effective than conventional IVF in assisting men with male infertility to become parents. It considerably increases the pregnancy success rate. You can become pregnant, even if you are dealing with issues such as-
- Low sperm count
- Poor sperm motility
- Failed attempts at IVF cycles
- Blockage in vas deferens or duct
- Want to get pregnant post-vasectomy
ICSI might result in these problems:
- Damage to a few or all of the eggs caused by needle puncture.
- After the sperm injection, an egg does not become fertile.
- In the laboratory or after embryo transfer, an embryo stops growing.
Why choose Giggles Hospitals?
At Giggles, we provide numerous specialised investigative methods for infertility in men and women, providing couples with the best chance of a successful pregnancy. The pre and post-fertility care, support, and counselling offered by Giggles Hospital are of a higher calibre.