Dengue fever is caused by the dengue virus.
4 types of dengue virus.
- Infectious : Eedes Egyptian mosquito bite. When a mosquito bites an infected person, the virus enters the mosquito. When an infected mosquito bites another person, the virus enters the person’s bloodstream. After the initial bite, it can take up to 2 weeks for symptoms to appear.
- Symptoms: Fever, headache, body aches, weakness, rash, abdominal pain, arthritis, vomiting, bleeding
- Complete blood count
- Dengue serology (presence of NS1 antigen) IgM & IgG antibody.
- Supportive measures
- Replace platelets only when necessary
- Use good mosquito repellents / nets
- Remove stagnant water
- Well tested house
- Wear protective clothing
- Remove water from coolers and artificial containers once a week.